Join with us as we build a resilient and dynamic future for Muncie’s public and mixed-income housing.
Apply to be listed as a property maintenance service provider.
Receive guaranteed on-time rent every month by becoming an MHA Landlord
Partner with MHA to make a positive social impact
Housing Choice Voucher Landlords
Housing Choice Vouchers allow participants to choose and rent units from private owners. All owners who are in good standing with the agency and have units within Muncie’s jurisdiction are welcome to participate. The agency pays a fixed amount of the rent to the owner each month, and the participant pays the difference between this subsidy and the total rent, in addition to any utilities not included in the rent.
Benefits of Being a HCV Landlord
- Timely and consistent payments. Each month landlords will receive payments as indicated on the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract between the 1st and 5th of every month.
- Ability to monitor HAP payments with the Landlord Portal.
- Flexibility. You are protected from financial loss if your tenant suffers unexpected financial hardship. When this happens, the subsidy payment may increase to compensate for your tenant’s lower-income ensuring continued housing stability.
- Inspections are conducted once every two years. Inspections of the unit help to maintain the value of the unit. Inspectors will identify problems within the unit that may require additional attention.
- Exceptional customer service and effort to ensure there is a direct line of access to assist with the resolution of tenancy issues that may arise. Contact us immediately.
- Controlled vacancy rates. Participants are searching for quality affordable housing daily. At Muncie Housing Authority we encourage our landlords to take advantage of listing their units on GoSection8.com.
No Active Proposals
Check back to see new RFP requests as we publish them
Section 3 Businesses
Section 3 is a directive under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to boost local economic development, neighborhood improvement, and individual self-sufficiency.
Do I Qualify?
Section 3 Certified Businesses:
- Are owned 51 percent or more by Section 3 residents OR
- Employ Section 3 residents for at least 30 percent of its full-time staff OR
- Provide evidence of a commitment to subcontract to Section 3 business concerns, 25 percent or more of the amount of the awarded contract
MHA applies preferences on bids or proposals of Contractors who are Section 3-certified businesses.